Bible Study – Jesus the Messiah #001
The book of the genealogy of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham
Study notes –
- The opening message of the Gospel according to Matthew identifies and introduces the Messiah, referring to Jesus of Nazareth, of direct lineage from David and Abraham
- David one of the kings of Israel who wanted to build a Temple for God and was promised the coming Messiah
- Abraham who was called to separate from his birth family and the beginning of the Hebrew race and to go to the Promised Land and he too was promised a seed who will inherit the Promised Land forever and that seed is Jesus of Nazareth
- Being the “Christ” or “Messiah” is a declaration as a divinely appointed savior-king.
- Therefor it is important for us to know and understand how we should relate to Jesus the Messiah